Tuesday 1 February 2011

Goal setting and a sense of purpose

It's blog time. As you can tell with all the typos, bad spellings and grammar this is organic. I don't really have anything to write about even my life is quiet.

Anyway I was thinking of goals and a sense of purpose. We are all told we have a purpose and that confuses lesser mortals like myself. What is my purpose? I haven't a clue. Most who tout this concept tend to be in the media, motivational speakers or even religious leaders. Ah I forget politicians. We all like to think we are meant for a higher purpose. Some divine purpose which will reward us with riches beyond our dreams.

This need makes us vulnerable to religion as well. I need a reason for being rather than just being. I don't know what the answer is. Anyway about my goals. I have a few. Very, very common ones which are still eluding me. Yes the usually stuff with relationships, career, personal growth, self-expression, money, lifestyle, worldly possessions and education.

I am told I be anything I want to be which strictly isn’t true. Even if it is true there is a balancing act and a factor of time. But I guess all media, motivational speakers or even religious leaders who tell us to have a “sense of purpose” have things to gain. This maybe money indirectly through books sales, ratings on TV (translates to advertising), seminars, full churches (larger congregation) or maybe just sense of power.

Then there is the question what do I want. What do I really really want? It’s a question I ask myself but have come to the conclusion I don’t really know. Then I feel bad and guilty that I don’t know what I want and I am just happy to drift along because apparently it’s not good enough.

But then I thought maybe I have to get all the society goals which are to do with relationships, career, personal growth, self-expression, money, lifestyle, worldly possessions and education. Get them out of the way then I’ll find out. Or maybe I’m already content and happy in my world.

Okay there is one thing I’d really like.  It does have to do with the list. Can’t share but I’d really love for it to happen.

I don’t really know what I’m saying but maybe things will clear up a little better.

Okay, I’m blogging out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The case of $95 million, Mel Tucker, Willy Bo-bo and inappropriate sexual conducts on the telephone.

Mel, Mel, Mel. It's tough. Mr Tucker. I discussed this case with someone and it's shame. It's a shame that it came to that. List...