Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done

This is a book The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done is written by a Dr Piers Steel who is a procastionation expert.
 
Well I haven’t read it as such. It’s like the Now book. I went to the Foyles on Charring Cross Road. and browsed through it. Foyles basement has all the wonderful and strange self-help books. Everything I find myself in the basement I know I have procrastination issues and need a book to fix them. Leaving the basement empty handed is an achievement –it means I’m not relying on a quack book to fix my life. However at some point I’ll let you know those that have helped me and why. 

I digress I spend extra time procrastinating reading it. It told me things I already knew but in a different way. I needed goals. Eureak! How about an original concept? Dr Piers Steel recommended a programme called  Rescue time which I loaded onto my computer.  Rescuetime.com logs your time and give you weekly reports and more depending on what package you signed up to. Quite intrusive if you think  Rescuetime as a tracking device but I was desperate and thought it will cease me procrastinating. Atlas now though I have cut down my time to the dailymail.co.uk – I guess that’s because I’ve been rather busy of late. Dr Piers Steel does suggest other stuff but I was skimming through and you'll have to get the book to find out others.  

The basic problem about getting The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done  about procrastinating is just really finding another way to procrastinate. It’s just another or new way to package the ‘time management’ theme. It’s really common sense. I think I procrastinate because I can or would rather not deal with something.

Rescuetime.com does work but is annoying. It polices your ever move however I wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s very irritating now and I’m thinking of unloading it.

Dr Piers Steel's basic message in  The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done make goals you can acheive and stick to them. However like all there are a few case-studies who change their lives and if you have a time to procrastinate and feel you are progressing with the issue well you can always have a read. Did I get it? No. However you know books are not about what it says but how he says it so Dr Piers Steel's message may appeal to you. Unfortunately it does not browse facility on Amazon but  it may change your life so have a browse and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The case of $95 million, Mel Tucker, Willy Bo-bo and inappropriate sexual conducts on the telephone.

Mel, Mel, Mel. It's tough. Mr Tucker. I discussed this case with someone and it's shame. It's a shame that it came to that. List...