Sunday 30 January 2011

Something cooking: Vistaprint Business cards

It's hard to keep a blog when there is nothing to say. Today I've just finished off my business cards - well ordered them with Vistaprint. They have a few bad reviews on some review websites but they are cheap and since I'm a start-up I'll go with them first and upgrade later. Basically you get what you pay for.

I think the main thing is to read the small print and be very careful when you are confirming things at the checkout. Vistaprint tend to bundle a lot of other stationary. The final order screens are also confusing so be very careful in what you tick and don't tick.

Vistaprint’s special offers are great however do remember it's bait. I had a good offer via a flyer from Film Love. This was a fiver for 500 cards however it's available to everyone. I but decided to do my own design (in stead of chosing a template) which cost me a little more (they charge if you upload your own designs) and then there is the added cost of postage and delivery. Most places deliver in five working days however Vistaprint have different delivery times. Yes, that hits you at the order page.

I did a quick surf of other sites and found it was still very cheap. So till went along with it. Cheapest is twenty-one days, fourteen days, seven days, then three and finally next day. I opted for the fourteen days. I was thinking of taking twenty-one but though I'd spend more on a pint of beer so opted for fourteen. So do think about delivery times and the quality. You can upgrade on quality but it sort of defeats the points.

A decent batch of business cards will cost in the region of two hundred quid and Vista is doing it for a fiver - 500. I've seen the quality from my research around and it's very light cardboard. I am rather sheepish about getting it but then I do need business cards for networking and marketing purposes. No point forking out a lot of cash without having generated an income yet to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The case of $95 million, Mel Tucker, Willy Bo-bo and inappropriate sexual conducts on the telephone.

Mel, Mel, Mel. It's tough. Mr Tucker. I discussed this case with someone and it's shame. It's a shame that it came to that. List...